@Bangalore...
My majors ended and I rushed to Bangalore...to meet Ashish and Monik (kallu & khare)
along with Parijat, who went there for job hunting.
I liked bangalore...i liked the hung overcast skies, the moderate temperatures, the apartment which my friends call home, the few people I came to know, the big well kept malls, the seemingly innocuous people and the easy going autorickshaws, and the great Rock Pubs...
On my second last day, I visited The Central, a big supermarket somewhere near the famous MG road...
Amazing place, 6 stories tall, the ground floor for Perfumes and shit, 1st floor for Formals, 2nd floor for youth (jeans, cargos and T’s), 3rd floor for kids. The fourth floor has a supermarket called Food Bazaar, and some food stalls, and the 5th and last floor had a fancy restaurant.
It was the food bazaar that fascinated me. Along with the usual stuff, they also had, in big neat-clean drums all sorts of pulses, rice and wheat, being sold loose. It looked like an incredibly clean, organized and stylish baniye-ki-dukan. Just round the corner, I saw half a dozen plexi-glass containers selling something that looked like tea. I asked the nearest “may I help you?” as to what they were, and he replied with a grin that they were flavoured tea. He went ahead and made me smell some of the stuff. Each box had a different variety of tea smelling of masala, vanilla, strawberry, lemon or elaichi... I bought some lemon and masala tea for home...
Just across were the food counters where you could eat and rest, after a session of extensive shopping. Real neat place, with lots of place to sit, and all sorts of food stuff, starting from Punjabi Gol-Gappe to South Indian idli sambar. Italian pasta to Americanized pizzas served along with indianized cappuccino. This was the first time I saw a lady eating gol-gappe sitting! And the pricing looked reasonable. I feel in love with the place instantly.
I would say, such an eating corridor should be made a norm for all shopping malls…21st century shopping will never be the same again…
Of course, I went on a Thursday. On the weekend, I wonder if you might be able to squeeze your way in through the door, leave alone sitting for your coffee…!!
along with Parijat, who went there for job hunting.
I liked bangalore...i liked the hung overcast skies, the moderate temperatures, the apartment which my friends call home, the few people I came to know, the big well kept malls, the seemingly innocuous people and the easy going autorickshaws, and the great Rock Pubs...
On my second last day, I visited The Central, a big supermarket somewhere near the famous MG road...
Amazing place, 6 stories tall, the ground floor for Perfumes and shit, 1st floor for Formals, 2nd floor for youth (jeans, cargos and T’s), 3rd floor for kids. The fourth floor has a supermarket called Food Bazaar, and some food stalls, and the 5th and last floor had a fancy restaurant.
It was the food bazaar that fascinated me. Along with the usual stuff, they also had, in big neat-clean drums all sorts of pulses, rice and wheat, being sold loose. It looked like an incredibly clean, organized and stylish baniye-ki-dukan. Just round the corner, I saw half a dozen plexi-glass containers selling something that looked like tea. I asked the nearest “may I help you?” as to what they were, and he replied with a grin that they were flavoured tea. He went ahead and made me smell some of the stuff. Each box had a different variety of tea smelling of masala, vanilla, strawberry, lemon or elaichi... I bought some lemon and masala tea for home...
Just across were the food counters where you could eat and rest, after a session of extensive shopping. Real neat place, with lots of place to sit, and all sorts of food stuff, starting from Punjabi Gol-Gappe to South Indian idli sambar. Italian pasta to Americanized pizzas served along with indianized cappuccino. This was the first time I saw a lady eating gol-gappe sitting! And the pricing looked reasonable. I feel in love with the place instantly.
I would say, such an eating corridor should be made a norm for all shopping malls…21st century shopping will never be the same again…
Of course, I went on a Thursday. On the weekend, I wonder if you might be able to squeeze your way in through the door, leave alone sitting for your coffee…!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home