Monday, December 05, 2005

Pansari...

This one is for Pansari, Sulabh Pansari...
Is known by lots of nicks..., pans, pansu, mote, mote pans, and finally Papa.

This piece is in dedication to him, whom I have known for almost 4 and half years now...and it seems he is finally passing out.

Was our senior, but somehow over time became more of a batchmate than a senior...

Pans has been a friend, advisor and what not...
but most importantly he has been a consistant daaru party partner...

I remember, in our second yr, he used to often sponser our parties, or just the fact that he didnt mind us sipping away his booze...
It used to be him, Rohit Jain, Jassi, Saksham, Parijat, Pawan, Ashish Jain (sometimes) and me...

fuck, hum kya chutiyaya karte the...
sometimes pari used to get so drunk that he used to climb up in the loft above cupboard....he has smashed Basins on the floor in the toilets and I cant keep a trace of how many dustbins we sacrifised to Agni...
I would say it was he who started our daaru party culture, and there used to one almost every weekend (that was in the times of GB Reddy...)
We used to scream on rock songs and dance wildly to the tunes of popular raunchy item numbers...

He is one of the very few drinkers whom I have never seen 'Rambo Drunk'.
He was always there to take care of the 'drunkards off the handle'...

Ofcourse, then there was his scooter, the Vespa he bought from Bhatia. Jassi used to drive pans and saksham to the Insti Nescafe, after the daaru parties, tripple riding...
I drove his scooter once, when he was drunk...he was unhappy abt the fact that I was driving so slow (was just learning...am still in the same stage...)
The scooter is lying in the Noida Toll parking lot unclaimed for the last 2yrs, just because once it brokedown there and since then he never had the money (enthusiasm) to get it repaired...

Within a month of the launch of 'the' Nokia 7650, he had one...
Almost everyone of us (the EB gang) has spent a substantial amount of time tinkering with it...
I think he used it for 3 yrs, and later sold it off...
I don't remember which all phones he purchased subsequently, but right now he is on a poverty run, so is having to suffice with an LG reliance connection..., those days he could be safety called the walking dictionary of Cell Phones...

Ofcourse the Poltu stud of vindy...he and Thakur must have managed the Vindy poltu for a substantial percentage of their stay here...

The Eternal laundia baaz, people are stunned to see the number of hot babes he has/had/is going to have as girlfriends. How he 'gets' them baffles people to the core...he is no Shahrukh...smooth talker...

The utlimate chill guy (overkill), there was this sem in my 3rd yr, when he didnt attend a single class or a single exam...F's in all courses...led to a sem extend, host of other F's and BTP and Training F's forced him to stay in this sad-ass-wreck of a place for 5 and half yrs...ofcourse, we got to have him around as a partner for so long...

Pansari is always brimming with confidence, and I have seldom seen him seeking advice... the only thing that has ever made him emotionmally vulnerable was his time with Parneet...on other occasions, I see him as a Rock Solid structure, unaffected by external stimulus...I wish I had that in me...

People have jumped to critize him for various things, but they have blatently overlooked the great time he has made us spend with him...and we used to enjoy his company to the last drop...

After about 4 semester of loss acts, pansari finally buckled up his seat belt, and decided that he had enough of this place, ...



this is a picture I took on the night before his last major at IIT...his last night of studying shit...
Priceless...

I love him for all that he his,
and for all the wonderful times we have spent together...
and am in anticipation of all the wonderful time we will spend together...
I will miss him when he is gone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home