Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hold my Hand...

Well...,
somehow I was so in the thick of things that I couldnt find the time to blog...or so I make myself believe...I am relatively free-er now...

A couple of nights back, I was chatting with a 'new found' friend, and we were discussing our girlfriends (ex-). Ofcourse, the great thing about doing things like these is that some wonderful moments which might have got lost in your brain, in some dark corner... the same brain which is half the time cooking nonsence, think about counter strike, 'burning things' or indulged in porn/filth...and these precious moments get coated with a sea of new events, as each day here turns out to be quite eventful, whether it be about burnt-dustbin issues, or dividing a food bill quarells. And when such memorable events get uncovered, they bring a fresh smile to your face, a shine in your eyes and a chuckle in your mouths.

It must have been some 20 days since we had started going around, and she was my first girlfriend. We were a couple. It was a GF-BF thing from the start, as we didnt know each other before, and it started with a blind date sort of a thing. So, our every lunch/coffee was a date. We were a 'couple' from the start. At that time, we werent physical. We just talked, smiled, looked at each other and did roamed around, eating-drink doing nothing...ah, new love birds...
We still didnt hold hands.

Physical relation starts from holding hands, move over to a kiss in the cheek, french kiss, hands in the shirt...and so on. Now, the first part is really really tricky. And we iitians are known to be despos. How do you start to hold hands, without showing yourself to be needy, or getting slapped in the face and thereafter dumped?( sounds funny now, but boy...when you are in that situation, common sense doesnt work, and worst-case-scenarios are always playing and replaying like a broken record (or like the song Kajra-re) ).

These scene was simple. We and her best friend were coming back from IHC. We were in an auto, going back to the campus, after a lunch, about which I don't really remember anything. I was sitting on the extreme left, she next, and her friend on the extreme right. In those days, love used to drip from every pore of my body, I think same was the case with her (a little less though). I casually put my right hand (for postural convenience) on the top of the cushion of the auto-seat, and my finger were gently hanging over her shoulders, careful/prude enough not to touch her. I was casually looking out of the auto, seeming to enjoy the view. Time always flew in her company. She took her right hand, and gently and gripped one of my fingers. I stiffened, turned my face towards her, and I saw her looking at me. There was electricity; enough to light a 3 watt bulb ... I gave a faint smile and went on to clasp her entire hand...wow... we had moved on to a newer level...

It was a fantastic moment...and one of the many cherished moments now etched on my memory about my first affair...

Boy, the beginnings of love is so much fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home